Kingfisher warranty policy
You can have peace of mind that all Kingfisher's refurbished devices are supported by a 12 month warranty. Your warranty period starts from fulfilment date of your order. This warranty is provided by Kingfisher Mobile Australia Pty Ltd, Level 12, 360 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, VIC, 3000.
Our devices come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If your device is covered by the warranty, we will provide you with another refurbished device of a like for like or higher quality depending on stock availability.
To make a warranty claim, you need to fill out our online form. The online form will contain details of your order so that we can avoid any delays. Once the form is submitted online, we will review and either accept or reject your claim.
There are a number of reasons we may reject your claim such as:
- the claim being outside the warranty period; or
- the IMEI in the claim not matching the IMEI we have on record for your device; or
- the physical device not matching the device we have on record as being shipped to you or
- the claim relates to a cosmetic defect. Examples of such are chip, scratch or a crack in the device; or
- the claim relates to a Belong SIM card; or
- the claim relates to a functional issue that is a non-system issue. An example of such is that the claim relates to an app on the phone that is not systems app such as Facebook or WhatsApp.
- the claim relates to failures that are caused by the way the device is handled or the way the device is used. Examples of such are damaged devices caused by water, devices that are physically damaged and/or unauthorised repairs of devices.
If your claim is accepted, we will send to you a like for like or more recent model depending on stock availability. At the same time, we will send you:
1. Payment authorisation for the value of the replacement device (you will be charged only if you do not return your original device within 14 calendar days of the warranty order being created); and
2. A return label so that you can post the original device back to us. We strongly recommend that you wrap the returned device in strong packaging and use registered post and/or insurance for delivery.